Every once in a while, it’s a good idea to step back and take a thorough look at how effective your blogging efforts are. Sociatic calls this auditing your blog, and breaks down the 20-question process into six areas to look at: Design, subscriptions, content, monetization, marketing and measurement. Some of the questions they suggest you ask yourself include:
- Do I have the essential pages set up? Make sure you have an About and Contact page, and consider other pages like Resources, Services and a custom error page.
- Is your RSS feed (or feeds) easily located?
- Is my content well-formatted (and formatted consistently)?
- Is my monetization method (i.e. ads) working?
- Is my blog showing up in all of the major search engines?