For the sixth consecutive year, American Spirit, the magazine we publish for the Daughters of the American Revolution, has been honored with a Grand Award of Excellence from the APEX Awards organization. The Award was made for the May/June 2007 issue. The same issue also collected two Awards of Excellence:
- Design & Layout: “A Model Collection”
- Feature Writing: “She-Merchants” by Gin Phillips, Contributing Writer
Two other Hammock-published magazines also earned Awards of Excellence.
- Spreads: “A Day in the Life,: MyBusiness Magazine June/July 2007 (published for the National Federation of Independent Business)
- Magazine & Journal Writing: MyBusiness August/September 2007
- Covers: Semper Fi, the Magazine of the Marine Corps League January/February 2008
- Photography: “Warriors Weekend,” Semper Fi January/February 2008 – Kevin Allen Photographer
American Spirit’s Grand Award was one of only six made in the “For Profit” magazine sub-category. This year the Apex Awards judges evaluated 4,479 entries including 837 in the Magazines & Journals category. A total of 120 APEX Grand Awards were presented in 11 major categories and 1,393 APEX Awards of Excellence were presented in 110 individual categories.