Hammock Inc.’s work for clients has earned six Apex Awards, including a coveted Grand Award, in the just-concluded competition.
The Grand Award went to American Spirit, the bimonthly member magazine of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, which we have published for DAR since 2002, and which has taken a number of Grand Awards.
The competition’s judges lavished praise on the November-December 2013 issue of American Spirit, saying that, “This is a magazine that never fails to appeal. The design and layout are richly stunning, but the editorial well is the tour de force here. Features are thoroughly researched and presented in a lively and engaging manner. You find yourself reading each to the end, even when the topic is one you didn’t think would particularly interest you. Top drawer in every respect.”
Apex Awards of Excellence were accorded to:
- Design & Illustration – Covers: Semper Fi, the magazine of the Marine Corps League, “Happy 238th Birthday, Marines!”
- Writing – Interviews & Personal Profiles: Semper Fi, “The First Lady of the Marine Corps Bonnie Amos, Wife of the Commandant of the Marine Corps”
- Writing – Feature Writing: Semper Fi, “Retired Marine Adds Life to Disneyland’s Flag Retreat”
- Design & Illustration – Photography, American Spirit, “The Role of Another Lifetime”
- Newsletters – Custom-Published: H2U Newsletter, published for H2U LLC