On May 21, Kerry Davis celebrated “Hammock Day,” marking 11 years with the company. I bribed her to answer a few questions for us; terms of our agreement will not be disclosed.
1. May 21 was Hammock Day for you. How long have you been with Hammock Publishing? 11 years
2. What do you remember most about your first day at Hammock? That I don’t think some of the partners even knew that the creative director hired me.
3. If you didn’t work at Hammock Publishing, what do you think you would be doing? I’d probably try to pursue an interior design degree. I love looking at and thinking about interiors.
4. What is the last movie you saw in the theatre? Friends With Money
5. What did you have for lunch today? Hummus, pretzels and a Zone bar
6. What was your most memorable day at Hammock? There have been a few that we don’t talk about. Other than that, the O.J. Simpson trial (everyone jammed in the kitchen watching TV) and 9/11 (same scenario).
7. What’s your favorite reality TV show? Basically, I’m sick of them and don’t really watch them that much. Back in the day, I was a huge Real World fan. I remember watching the Sunday marathon of New York and San Fran. Loved Puck! Would you ever participate? Never.
8. If you were to win the lottery this week, what is the first purchase you would make? Plane tickets! Lots of them!
9. Where did you grow up? Aberdeen, Miss.
10. If you could switch places with any other Hammock employee for one day, who would it be and why? Probably Bill Hudgins. I’d love to spend a day with all the words in his head. He can drop a two-word headline on you in seconds… a designer’s dream!