When it comes to social media, people are apt to turn an eye and an ear to Hammock for guidance. A big reason for that is RexBlog, the decade-old weblog of Founder/CEO Rex Hammock.
We knew RexBlog was influential, and we’ve always known that Rex lives out on the leading edge when it comes to technology and social media, but it really caught our attention when we saw Invesp Consulting had analyzed thousands of blogs that cover social media and ranked Rex’s #42 in their Top 100 Blogs in Social Media list, the “ultimate rank” as they call it.
But Rex’s name doesn’t appear in their rankings just this once. Oh no. He also made the following lists:
- #5 on the Top Social Media blogs by the number of pages indexed by Google
- #13 on the Top Social Media blogs by the number of pages posted on the blog
- #27 on the Top Social Media blogs by the number of incoming links
- #66 on the Top Social Media blogs by the unique monthly visitors
- #81 on the Top Social Media blogs by RSS membership list
Way to go, Rex!