Hammock Inc’s work for four of its clients was recognized in the just-concluded 2015 Apex Awards competition. More than 1,900 entries were received in the 27th annual Apex contest. Projects that received Awards of Excellence were:
• “A Proud Pedigree: Tracing the History of Scottish Ancestors and Their Journey to the New World,” in the Sept./Oct. 2014 issue of American Spirit magazine, published for the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, received a Grand Award for Feature Writing. The judges praised the article: “You don’t have to be Scottish to find this in-depth, well-researched and interestingly written feature article a compelling read. You come away with a sense of the background and history of a people, and, if you happen to have Scottish ancestry, you also get an extensive range of resources with which to trace and learn more about that ancestry. A well-told story.”
• Magazine Writing (entire issue): Nov./Dec. 2014 American Spirit magazine
• Design & Illustration – Magazine Covers: “Honoring the Fallen” in the May/June 2014 issue of Semper Fi magazine published for the Marine Corps League
• Feature Writing: “Lives on the Line” – an article on advances in battlefield medicine also in the May/June 2014 issue of Semper Fi magazine.
• Custom-published newsletters: H2U – Health to You newsletter Sept. 2014, published for H2U, LLC.
* Custom-Published Magazines, Journals & Tabloids: The Source magazine 2014 Q3, published for HealthTrust Purchasing Group
APEX Awards are based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content and the ability to achieve overall communications excellence. APEX Grand Awards honor the outstanding works in each main category, while APEX Awards of Excellence recognize exceptional entries in each of the individual categories.